Best Place to visit in Seoul South Korea map: Making Algamja-Jorim Braised Babe Potatoes

By Korea.net Honorary Reporter Myrtle Iris Villaraza
Photos = Myrtle Iris Villaraza

Recently, I re-watched unopen to music videos of Kiha & the Faces (장기하와 얼굴들), a Korean indie band that I discovered several years ago. In the music video for their vocal “I Almost Had It” (좋다 말았네), Kiha is shown cooking a traditional Korean repast -- consummate amongst lots of side dishes -- for his daughter together with himself. Everything looked so appetizing, from the stew to the side dishes! However, at that spot was 1 dish that I especially wanted to endeavour to brand at domicile for 2 reasons. First, it’s a murphy dish, and, second, it was 1 of my favorites dorsum inward Korea for its sweetness together with salty taste.

I didn’t know what it was called, so I looked it upwardly online. Thankfully, I establish a recipe for it correct away from Maangchi.com. I learned that it’s called algamja-jorim braised babe potatoes. The discussion gamja means "potato," jorim means “braised,” piece al means “egg.” The dish uses pocket-size potatoes that are similar to quail eggs inward size, thence its name. I was excited to run across that the recipe is uncomplicated together with most of the ingredients tin locomote easily establish inward a typical kitchen.

Ingredients

1 pound of babe potatoes, the size of quail eggs
2 tablespoons of vegetable crude oil or whatever cooking oil
iii tablespoons of soy sauce
iii tablespoons of rice syrup, beloved or sugar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds

Directions

1. Trim whatever rotten spots or broken edges from the potatoes. Wash together with rinse inward mutual depression temperature H2O to withdraw whatever dirt. Strain.

2. Add the cooking crude oil to a 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes.

3. Cover for xx minutes until fully done. Shake together with deed the skillet every five minutes so that the potatoes laid upwardly evenly together with don’t burn.

4. Turn downwardly the oestrus to depression together with add together the soy sauce, rice syrup together with garlic. Stir it all together amongst a wooden spoon.

5. Turn upwardly the oestrus to medium. Keep stirring together with cooking for unopen to other 4 to five minutes until the sauce is reduced together with the potatoes facial expression shiny together with wrinkly.

6. Remove from the oestrus together with mix amongst the sesame oil. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.

7. Transfer to a serving bowl together with serve amongst rice. Refrigerate whatever leftovers for upwardly to 4 days.

After gathering all the ingredients, I was ready to brand braised babe potatoes for the commencement time!

First, I prepared the ingredients: potatoes, brownish sugar, cooking oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic together with toasted sesame seeds.

After cleaning the potatoes, I cooked them inward crude oil for almost xx minutes over medium heat, turning them over every 1 time inward a piece to hold them from burning. 
Next, I turned the oestrus to depression earlier stirring inward the soy sauce, garlic together with brownish sugar. 

I turned the oestrus dorsum to medium, so continued stirring for a few to a greater extent than minutes until the sauce thickened. 

Once the potatoes were shiny together with wrinkly, I removed them from the heat. Finally, I mixed inward the sesame crude oil together with added the sesame seeds. 

That was it: my commencement braised babe potatoes! The sauce I made seemed thicker than usual, most probable because I used brownish saccharide instead of rice syrup or honey. Nevertheless, I was happy because I liked how the dish turned out. My menage unit of measurement enjoyed it, too, so I remember my cooking was a success. The garlicky, sweet-salty sauce together with the potatoes’ natural gustation were a delicious combination. Of course, the sesame crude oil together with sesame seeds also added to a greater extent than olfactory holding together with season to the dish.

According to Maangchi, braised babe potatoes tin locomote stored inward the refrigerator for upwardly to iv days. However, I suppose you lot won’t demand to practise this because you’ll belike complete the dish inward only a few minutes, especially if you’re a murphy lover similar me together with my family! This was also expected since I solely cooked 1 pound of potatoes. Next time, I’ll brand to a greater extent than so nosotros tin hold unopen to handy to locomote enjoyed whatever fourth dimension of the day. I’ll also endeavour using beloved or rice syrup, to run across which 1 tastes fifty-fifty better. 

How almost making unopen to algamja-jorim braised babe potatoes, too? It’s supposed to locomote eaten equally a side dish, but I believe you lot tin also bask it on its own. Either way, I’m certain you’ll also similar it.

By the way, final year, I also wrote an article almost unopen to other easy-to-make murphy dish, Korean murphy pancakes or gamjajeon. You tin thought it here. :D

wisdom117@Korea.kr

Sumber http://koreanetblog.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Best Place to visit in Seoul South Korea map: Making Algamja-Jorim Braised Babe Potatoes. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions